Subject: Re: What Bones need ...
From: [email-masked] (Mark Thompson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 95 01:58:42 EST

> >What bones need is some graphical representation of the volume of influence.

Absolutely! And better control. Quite frankly, that weenie program Imagine
has superior bone control. What a tremendous shame.

> 	Other things also could use graphical rep:

Like texture placement of course.

> 		Others?

Not a GUI request but.... I sure as hell would like to see a methodolgy
for morphing that worked well for things like lip synching. The current
morph target method is useless. For a reasonably complex sequence of
any duration, you would need to load a gillion polygons because of
all the morph targets necessary. Instead, you should only need a fixed
set of targets for the various expressions, and be able to interpolate
between any combination of them. This is the way other systems do it
and LW's method is just plain ridiculous.
     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *           Mark Thompson                  (603) 424-1829    *
     *         Fusion Films, Inc.             [email-masked]  *
     * Director of Animation and Special FX                       *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
--
[email-masked] (Mark Thompson) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]